Baby #2

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Wonder Place

Well folks, you are getting two posts in one day! I was going through my pictures and found some from a trip to the Wonder Place. Burke and I met Landon and Katie there last month sometime. It was the first time I had been and it was pretty fun. There are lots of activities for the kiddos to play with and best of all...you don't have to clean any of it up!! Technically, I think the Wonder Place likes you to pick up after yourself if you have taken toys from one area to another but in general, it's a destruction zone outside your house. We did encounter one weird kid in the kitchen area that I had to get a little rude with. He was bogarting all the food and supplies and so I had to lay down the law and say 'if all of that is for you then you can't have any of her stuff on this table!' Fortunately, his mom retrieved him to leave not long after that.

Here is Burke on top of the climbing thing (whatever it's called). She required my assistance getting up there.
Here she is in the kitchen area. The look on her face says 'What's up with this weird kid bogarting all the stuff?!'

She loved the door on the house! She opened and closed it a million times!

An up close shot of the door action.
Hanging out on the drum.
Checking out the cash register!
Leaving the 'veterinarian's office!' Her favorite thing was the button on the xray board!

I love the sequence of these pictures.
Burke: What are you playing with Landon?
Landon: This cool pipe thing that sucks in balls or scarfs.
Landon: See, you just put your hand in here.
Burke: (Pondering the process)

Burke: Oh I get it! It looks like fun!
Landon: Yeah, it is fun! Let's try it out.

Landon: (inserts hand)
Burke: (air blast to face)

Landon: (Enjoyed Burke's previous expression and thought he'd give it another whirl.)
Burke: (Still taken aback by the burst of air...enough to move the smallest of her ever so little amount of hair!)
Burke: That was fun Landon!
Landon: I told you!


We will be back at the Wonder Place for a birthday party next weekend. We'll see if she's still so 'blown away' by the air thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment